Microsoft OneDrive. How to login to OneDrive:
Download Microsoft OneDrive. How to login to OneDrive:...
Microsoft OneDrive The beauty of OneDrive is that it is accessible from anywhere you have an Internet connection. You can access it from a Mac or Windows computer. You can even access it on your Smartphone with the OneDrive Business App. You get 1 TB of storage space on OneDrive! This drive space is available to you as long as you are a Frostburg State University Faculty/Staff member, or Student.
How to login to OneDrive: 1. Open your favorite Web Browser 2. Go to https://outlook.com/frostburg.edu a. Or from the FSU Home Page, Hover on Login (Upper Right) and Click E-mail, then Click the Email Login 3. Login to your e-mail with your FSU credentials 4. Click the icon that looks like a grid in the upper left corner Click Here
5. Click on OneDrive
6. You will now be in your online Cloud Storage (OneDrive)
3 ways to Save a File to OneDrive: First Way - Create a new file using OneDrive 1. Login to OneDrive if you are not already 2. Click the New Button
3. 4. 5. 6.
Choose Word document, Excel workbook, PowerPoint presentation, etc. It will open using the online version of Word, Excel, etc. Type your information. Click File - Save As… (Top Left) a. ***NOTE – If you use Word, Excel, etc. online with OneDrive, it automatically saves your work as you go. That is the reason there is no Save button, only a Rename button. 7. Click Rename this file (default is document1, but give it a name you will remember later)
8. Click OK 9. Go back to OneDrive and find your document that you created and renamed.
Second Way to Save a file to OneDrive: 1. Open Word, or Excel, etc. 2. Create your file 3. Save the file locally to your hard drive and remember the location 4. Login to OneDrive if you are not already. 5. Click Upload
6. Browse to the location of the file, click on the file, and click Open (or double click the file)
Third Way to Save a file to OneDrive: 1. Open Word, or Excel, etc. 2. Create your file 3. Save the file locally to your hard drive and remember the location 4. Login to OneDrive if you are not already 5. Open Windows Explorer or Open My Computer to browse for files 6. Drag and drop the file from Windows Explorer to your Browser screen and let go of the mouse
Drag to OneDrive
Rename files/folders in OneDrive 1. To rename a folder – Right Click the folder and click Rename
1 – Right Click Here 2 – Left Click Rename
2. Give the folder a new name and click either of the Save Buttons or Cancel to abort the rename
3. To rename a file, it is the same process except you right click a file instead of a folder
How to Open a Word Document with Word Online in OneDrive 1. 2. 3. 4.
Login to OneDrive Right click the file you want to open and choose Open in Word Online Edit the file. Close it by clicking the x which will close the tab and it will automatically save ***SEE Step 5 for important note.
Click x to close
5. Word will automatically save the document but before closing the document wait for the “saving…” text to change to “saved…” which indicates completion of the Save Operation. ***The “saving…” “saved…” can be located at the bottom middle of the word document. ***
Saving… Do not close.
Saved – OK to close.
How to Open a Word Document with Word in OneDrive 1. Login to OneDrive 2. Right click the file you want to open and choose Open in Word 3. Click OK to the message
4. Type in your Frostburg e-mail address and click on the password box – you will be redirected to another site… Type your FSU e-mail address
Then Click Here
5. You will be redirected to the portal page – enter your username and password 6. Your Word document will now open in Microsoft Word 7. Make any changes you like and click the Save Button
Click here to Save
8. You have successfully saved your Word document to OneDrive. 9. ***Note – If you saved your credentials, you will not be prompted for the username and password until you log off the computer.
How to delete file(s) in OneDrive 1. Click to the left of the file you want to delete (click to the left of several files if you want to delete multiples) a. **Note in the example – 3 files are selected. 2. Click More in the upper right corner and select Delete
Note this file is selected Note this file is also selected
Note this file is also selected
3. Click OK to delete the files or Cancel to abort the delete
How to restore files if you accidentally delete them 1. ***Note if you delete a file, it goes to the recycle bin. After 93 days, the file is permanently deleted and cannot be restored. 2. Login to OneDrive and click the Recycle Bin
Click Recycle Bin
3. Click to the left of the file to select it and click the Restore Selection button (Multiple files can be selected)
2 – Click Restore Selection
1 - Click to add a check box to the file(s) to be restored
Create a new folder in OneDrive to Organize Files 1. Click the +New Button in the upper left corner
2. Click New folder
Click New Folder
3. Give the new folder a name and then click the Create Button
How to Move Files/Folders around in OneDrive 1. In this example I will move the Test document to the Test2 folder 2. Click to the left of the Test Document – A Check mark will appear next to the document
Note the Check box
3. Right Click the File and Click Move or Copy
1 – Right Click Here
2 – Left Click Move or Copy
4. Browse to the new destination folder (in this case the Test2 folder) and click Move
1-Click the folder to move to
Navigating to different folders using OneDrive 1. It works much like Windows explorer. 2. If you are in a folder and you want to go back a folder you can either: a. Click the back button on your browser b. Click the “Documents” link at the top
Click Here Or Click Here
3. If you are several folders deep, you can click the hyperlink breadcrumbs at the top to go to a specific folder or click the Documents button on the left to go back to the Top Level directory. Or Click Documents to go to the Top Level Directory
Click these Links
Sharing a file with a colleague in OneDrive ***Excellent link on sharing - https://support.office.com/en-ca/article/Share-documents-or-folders-inOffice-365-1fe37332-0f9a-4719-970e-d2578da4941c#everyone 1. Select the file in OneDrive that you want to share 2. Click to the left of the file to select it and click Share at the top
1 – Click to select file
2 – Click Share
1 – Enter email(s) separated by comma
2 – Select edit or view
3 – Optional – enter message
4 – Click Share
a. To be sure you get the correct person, type in the e-mail address in the line that says Enter names, email addresses, or Everyone. When you find the person you want, select the name. If you want an additional person, type their e-mail address next and select. b. Click the drop down box that says Can edit (Choose Can edit to give change permissions or Can view to only give view permissions) c. Enter an optional message that will be sent with the e-mail to the recipient
d. Click Share
How to eliminate your H drive and move everything to OneDrive ***USE CAUTION WHEN DOING THESE STEPS*** 1. ***In this example, we will move a folder called Test Move from our H drive to OneDrive 2. ***Only Files can be moved to OneDrive not Folders. If you want to move a folder, simply create the folder in OneDrive and then move all the files as shown below. 3. Login to OneDrive 4. Create a folder called Test Move and then Open the folder 5. Move this to the right side of the screen
6. Open My Computer 7. Open your H Drive and open the Test Move Folder
8. Put this window on the Left Side of your screen
9. Click on one of the files on the My Computer window and hold these keys: a. From Windows keyboard - CTRL + A or b. From Mac keyboard – CMD + A to select all 10. Put your mouse on one of the files and drag and drop the files into the OneDrive window.
Drag to OneDrive
11. This will copy all of the files that you selected into OneDrive. 12. When you are sure all files have been copied, go back one directory and delete the Test Move folder from the My Computer window. 13. Do this for the remainder of your folders and when you are finished you will have access to all of your files assuming you have an Internet connection.
How to Create an Assignment in Blackboard navigating to OneDrive ***We are using Firefox for this Demo, but it will work very similar in all Browsers*** 1. 2. 3. 4.
Login to Blackboard Open a new tab in your browser and Login to OneDrive (Outlook.com/frostburg.edu) Create a Word Document in OneDrive and call it Bb Test Go to File – Save As – Download a Copy
Click Download a Copy
5. Click where it says Click here to download your document.
6. Make sure Save File is selected – Click OK
7. Click on the Blackboard Tab
8. Click on your course 9. Click on Course Materials 10. Click Assessments - Assignment
11. Give the assignment a name 12. Scroll down and Click Browse My Computer 13. Click the Downloads folder on the left
14. Double Click the BB Test file to upload it to Blackboard 15. You will see that the file is attached:
16. Scroll down and put 0 for Points Possible and Click Submit
If you have any questions or need additional assistance, please call the Helpdesk at 301-687-7777